New Day Underwriting Managers LLC is known for offering single-point access to a portfolio of environmental and construction-related professional liability insurance products and services. The company assists insurance brokers and their clients in selecting quality insurance coverage that is competitive in the marketplace. The resultant team-driven, collaborative environment is marked by a results orientation with a commitment to process, service, and above all, integrity.
The Account Manager is primarily responsible for supporting New Day Underwriting in acquiring a wide spectrum of clients through marketing New Day’s insurance products to retail brokers, agencies, attorneys, consultants, as well as commercial and industrial clients. Account Manager will assist consultant in marketing and placing business, answer retail broker’s questions with regard to products offered, issue policies, request information from clients, diary and follow-up to ensure receipt of back-up documentation.
Reports to: Team Leader
- Work directly under the supervision of Consultant to support Underwriting of environmental and construction-related insurance.
- Market and place business with insurance carriers.
- Answer questions posed by brokers on insurance products offered by New Day.
- Assist in developing client proposals, analysis, and presentation as required.
- Ensure new account information is accurately entered into Velocity system and client is advised of status of submission.
- Issue all documents related to new account acquisition, including, but not limited to invoices, binder confirmation, policy tracking, proofing, and delivery.
- Administer and monitor surplus lines rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations. Assist in creating New Day standard operating procedures.
- Provide assistance with coverage questions and program adjustments; solve problems regarding client account issues.
- Participate in the development of New Day’s operations strategy and contribute to the development and execution of New Day’s growth.
- Develop client relationships and coordinate service team efforts.
- Provide technical guidance to co-workers and mentor less senior members of the operations and support team
- Licenses and Certifications: New Jersey (and/or other states) Property and Casualty Insurance License. New Jersey Surplus Lines- a plus, but not required. CPCU or other insurance designations preferred, but not required.
- Education: BA/BS Business-Related Degree preferred, not required.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years in Commercial Lines Property/Casualty or Environmental or Construction Professional support and/or underwriting experience required.
- Personal Attributes: Strong negotiation and presentation skills. Self-motivated individual
- Computer Proficiency: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook. Understanding of agency systems preferred but not required.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to finger, grasp, talk, feel, hear, and perform repetitive motion. Much of the work is sedentary in nature, yet may require exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force to move objects.
- Visual Acuity: The incumbent is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection, and/or operation of machines.
Environment and Conditions
The incumbent’s typical place of work is an office building and thus will not be substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.